Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Something new...

Well hello all.. I'm very new to this sort of thing and I'm not sure I know how to "blog" but here it goes. A big thanks to Brandie for motivating me to get started! Since this is the first entry I figured I would just update you on our life so far... Madison went to her 2 year doctor visit not to long ago. We switched her doctor from Children's Medical to Greer Clinic. Not that I didn't like Dr. Demoss.. He was really nice, and respected our choices, and pretty good with Madison.. the only negative thing is he down played everything. Nothing was ever an issue to look more into something. I don't know if it was a good or a bad thing, and if it weren't for the new hospital with the attached doc I probably wouldn't have even thought about switching, but figured I had more options so I tried them out. It went really well.. the new doctor was really nice, though he was a little concerned about the no shoots he didn't disrespect the choice we made. When I told him about the issue with Madison's arm he was really concerned and did a little testing was told everything seemed ok, but made sure to tell us that if it happens again he wants to do further testing. So far there haven't been any issues so that's good! She is still in the 95-100 percentile for height and weight he also things she is a big girl all around. Which isn't surprising every doc visit Dr Demoss told me that! =) He also agreed that she is on track with her speech, I always ask because I'm never sure.. shes about average according to the online charts. I just got motivated and thought it wouldn't hurt to work with her. Yes, for the past 2 years I was really lazy and didn't really interact to teach her much. So this past Monday we started out home pre-preschool. It just a free 26 week program that will prepare her for preschool. Its designed for children 2-4 I figure we can do it, and then once she turns 3 redo it.. and she should be on track for preschool.





Last week we joined a Stay at home moms group here in Greenville. Madison doesn't get a lot of interaction with kids her own age. And I figured it might help me as well to get out and talk to more people! We've gone to 2 play groups so far.. The first one last week was at the mall. It was fun, but Madison was really shy and didn't really dare to interact. Today we went to the Taylors Pavilion and rode on George the train, and played at the play ground. It was a lot of fun, and Madison really wanted to try to play with the other kids too. The only problem with the whole thing is it was SO HOT! 87 degrees in October! I didn't get a lot of photos, but I'll update soon!

No comments: