We FINALLY put our Christmas tree up!! I felt like we were like the very LAST people to put it up!! Still haven't gotten out to get some ornaments! So I came up with a new little tradition to start this year and go out on Christmas eve and buy each of us one. It should be cute and then we will get them on sale too! I just LOVE getting cards in the mail, seems like they are a little slow coming in this year! I was only getting like 1 a day, BUT today I got 6!! =) I was thrilled! Our next door neighbors go all out with lights and this year they have a big snowman in the front yard and a Santa on the roof! Since Maddi is scared of the "real" Santa, she wanted to go see that one! So I told her she had to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas and sit on his lap, (meaning the one at the mall or else where) she goes up the little hill to the neighbors and yells "Santa I want Nums!!" (M&M's) Got a good laugh out of that, and shes just like her mommy VERY easy to please!! Way back when I started this blog I talked about potty training, then I said we took a break. It was a pretty LONG break.. lol and I think Madison is now more ready than I am! I still make her wear a pamper most of the day, but she uses the potty 5-6 times a day now. Its real annoying when she has to go 3 times while in Costco!! I just figure if shes ready then great, if not then that's okay too! I feel like I waste so many pampers now tho, so I'm going to buy some pull ups! Sad to say she is still on the bottle too.. we had it down to only 1 before bed and stuck to it for a couple months then something happened cuz she has like 4-5 a day now! So this morning I was telling her that shes a big girl and Uncle D & Mindy are going to have a baby and the baby needs her bottles. She was like ok, and we got a bag and she packed them all in there and we went to their house and she proudly took each one out and gave them all. ( I course sneakily put them in the car just in case!) Then it came down to nap time (which she has taken 2 days in a row.. yay!!) and she asked for the bottle and we went to look in her drawer and they were gone. I explained that she gave them to baby Brady. And she cried and cried saying " I go to uncle D's the bottles are mine!!" after about 1/2 hour I gave in! But so far so good, its 8pm and shes hasn't even had a full one! Maybe we will start slllooww.. and when Brady is born we can try to give them up for good! (Or sooner, since that's April) Sunday night Karl & I went to the Vines Christmas dinner! I had Shawna watch Maddi she went for her nap at 4 and when I got back at 7 was still asleep!! To my surprise she went back to bed at about 10:30 so it was really nice! I only upload pictures on my lap top.. which is being really SLOW tonight so I will add some photos soon!


3 comments:
ohh when the day comes that I have to worry about bottles and potty training :P And I love checking the mail in December..so much fun to get cards!
Maddi you're too cute! Please don't grow up so fast, we all are missing out on so much! Hope you get your M&M's baby. Love you
After my trip to NH, I stopped giving Colin bottles. He REALLY liked them. I decided to stop cuz he doesn't eat food very good and I figured he didn't need them anymore. Since stopping he eats alot better and it hasn't seemed to bother him at all. At first I tried to give just before bed but then he would go down in the kiddie drawer and get a bottle out and say ba, ba. So I just hid them all and quit cold turkey. I think it bothered me about quitting more than him. He uses a cup with meals but otherwise he doesn't seem to want a cup during the day.
BTW, I bet if she stops the bottles, potty training will go easier, cuz she won't have to pee as much.
Post a Comment